Which Anderson WDH for a Ford F150 XLT ?

Posted (edited)

We are purchasing a Olliver II that was previously towed with a Ford F250, so the owners do not have an Anderson WDH. Since we are currently Ollie LE I owners, we did not purchase one with ours.

Now I need to get one, However, I never realized that there are multiple models. Can anyone who is towing their LE II with a Ford F150 XLT let me know which model Anderson you have? Want to have it with me to put on when we pick up the trailer.

** EDIT ** As suggested below, open to purchasing one if shipping / hassle factor does not exceed a new one 😀. If you have one taking up space and you have moved to a larger tow vehicle let me know.

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by DunnYet
Suggestion in reply

Current: 2023 Oliver Elite II - Hull #1364 "Reset 2.0" (Second Owner)
Tow Vehicle: 2023 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L EcoBoost /w 3.55 axle and Max Tow Package "SIlver"
Original: 2022 Oliver Elite I - Hull #1030 "Reset" (For Sale)
Original Tow Vehicle: 2022 Subaru Ascent "Blue Moose"
Home Base: Duncanville, TX

spacer.png

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
1 hour ago, DunnYet said:

We are purchasing a Olliver II that was previously towed with a Ford F250, so the owners do not have an Anderson WDH. Since we are currently Ollie LE I owners, we did not purchase one with ours.

Now I need to get one, However, I never realized that there are multiple models. Can anyone who is towing their LE II with a Ford F150 XLT let me know which model Anderson you have? Want to have it with me to put on when we pick up the trailer.

Thanks for any advice.

The Andersen model is made to fit the Oliver frame, truck model does not matter. The truck matters re whether you need a WDH or not, but they all have 2" hitch receivers. 

My suggestion is to ask members here if they want to sell theirs. I've noted some 10+ forum members that say they do not use theirs with their F-250 or other 2500 series trucks. Used and pulled from another Oliver, IMHO would be the best way to go! If you truly want to buy new, ask OTT for the part number or buy from them.

• Like 3

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

4 hours ago, DunnYet said:

Like @jd1923 said, the truck model does not matter, and if you have a F150 it probably has a 2" hitch receiver. ***Important, do you know what size the bulldog coupler is on the EII that you're purchasing, probably 2", but it's also available with a 2 5/16" bulldog coupler (we have it)? You want to know that spec because the AWDH is also available with a 2" or 2 5/16" ball. BTW, we got our 2023 LEII with the 2 5/16 bulldog coupler and 2 5/16" AWDH with 2" receiver. We recently upgraded to a Chevvy 2500 with 2.5" receiver so I prchased a 2.5" stinger/shaft from Anderson for the AWDH.

Yes, I know I don't need a WDH with the 2500 but I'm thinking I have it so why not use it!  

• Like 3

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

39 minutes ago, rich.dev said:

Like @jd1923 said, the truck model does not matter, and if you have a F150 it probably has a 2" hitch receiver...

Yes, I know I don't need a WDH with the 2500 but I'm thinking I have it so why not use it!  

I use ours too. Mines an older 2500, not like the $100K super duty diesels some have. There is a difference. There is the 2500 and some are the 2500 HD which is really a 3500 in disguise! My owner's manual states to use a WDH when towing over 5K LBS. I tried it without after reading many comments here, and it is night and day in how it handles. Rich, I want your truck. 10-speed Allison OMG! I could coast up our mountains in that. Mine will have to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jd1923 said:

Rich, I want your truck. 10-speed Allison OMG! I could coast up our mountains in that. Mine will have to do

Lol thanks, didn’t know there’s a 2500 and 2500HD, I have the 2500HD with 3600lb payload. I upgraded from a 2016 VW Touareg TDI, the VW towed like a champ but payload is only 1200lb. 

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

2 minutes ago, rich.dev said:

Lol thanks, didn’t know there’s a 2500 and 2500HD, I have the 2500HD with 3600lb payload. I upgraded from a 2016 VW Touareg TDI, the VW towed like a champ but payload is only 1200lb. 

Yes 3600 LB payload is certainly HD! The 2003 Ram 2500 I drove for years had 9000 GVRW and it weighed 7200 LBS empty, so half the payload. Very nice truck. You should just throw the Ollie in back!

Small world, we owned a 2014 Passat TDI. Never towed with it, but loaded full we got 47 MPG highway when we moved from TX to S FL. We were moving, so Chris was driving that, and I was pulling an 18' cargo trailer with our Ram. I had literally every SF of the car packed. Loved that car, drove it hard for 4 years. Got 35 MPG commuting and I drove it heavy-footed to make time. VW bought it back in the TDI settlement, writing us a check for the amount we paid for it, taxed and titled. 

• Like 1