Tow vehicle AC blower fan

Thanks to the Forum elite (at the Rally) for trying to figure out why the fan didn't work. It will be going into Ford when we get home.

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
On 5/19/2024 at 3:27 PM, John Dorrer said:

Thanks to the Forum elite (at the Rally) for trying to figure out why the fan didn't work. It will be going into Ford when we get home.

Does it not turn at all? The blower motor has a dedicated fuse. A blower can go completely dead yet uncommon. If you have only one speed, then it's the external resistor and not the blower motor.

The fan on our TV was making squealing noises on our last outing that would change pitch with the 3-speed fan switch selection. I pulled it and it made the same sound when bench testing. The Dodge OEM is a $280 part retail, so I tried 2 Amazon aftermarket motor/fan assemblies, and both had issues. Tried Amazon since returns are easy.

Today I thought to clean the OEM fan and motor, manufactured by Denso (A+ quality). A cloud of black dust blew out of the motor housing through to cooling port (23 years in the desert and 162K miles). Cleaned the fan. It turns with so much more power than the brand-new aftermarket item. No more squeals at any speed and it's reinstalled (under dash on passenger side, rear screw is a PITA, Ford likely the same location).

Hopefully you tested the blower fuse with your buddies at the Rally. Your truck is long out of warranty, so be ready to pay $400-$600 at the dealer for a new blower installed. Car guys on the forums use the term "stealerships!" I only go there when under warranty or to pick up parts ordered online at a discount. Ford has a good system to buy online by VIN# and pickup at your choice of dealer location with no S&H costs. And always have a good local independent service shop for better price and service.

• Like 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!