Goal Zero Alta 80 freezer/fridge

This new freezer/fridge combo by GZ proved to be more efficient and better in every way than my old reliable ARB fridge. Bluetooth connectivity in cab monitoring was perfect every time. Temps in the unit were always within a degree or two even in the heat wave we experienced in D.C. It was nice to have a true partition for refrigerator items vs freezer items. Dual side plugs for power. Ran perfect off DC outlet in bed of truck or via GZ LiFePO4 solar generator. Not always needed on our week longs trips but for longer trips it is perfect for extra meat, milk, OJ, etc. Overloading the Dometic 3-way fridge just makes it not work effectively. LG compressor brought the temperature down quickly on initial startup. The only downside is the size, takes up a good bit of room but for us when needed is worth the trade-off. They do make a smaller version that is a single zone.

IMG_97432Medium.jpeg.b13df2ac268357b137e891bd49fb8863.jpeg

Edited by rideadeuce
  • Like 5

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
18 hours ago, rideadeuce said:

IMG_97432Medium.jpeg.b13df2ac268357b137e891bd49fb8863.jpeg

Looks to be about the same size as my Dometic dual-zone, which I carry on every trip long or short. It has proven to be the ultimate ‘overflow’ alternative to complement the Norcold 3-way!

IMG_0707.thumb.jpeg.c6e8f94165279651082c3729de89fc8e.jpeg

• Like 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables