MAX Burner Sighting

• Moderators

I was pumping diesel into my truck at a random gas station in the New Mexico desert north of Albequerque when I hear “Hey Mike”.  I turned and saw this biker dude with his biker babe on the other side of my truck.  Obviously, my deer-in-the-headlights look sparked the biker dude to say, “It’s Art Flynn!”  With the helmet, shades and new-since-the-rally beard it took me a second to focus!   He had seen me pull in while going in the opposite direction and turned around to say hi.  We had a nice chat.  

Thanks Art and Diane for the making short detour to say hi and welcome us into your home state!  Mike

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

Two in one trip. Janet and I live in San Angelo, Texas (airport code SJT, hence my sign-in name). I saw an Oliver with a logo I recognize traveling south on US 87 through San Angelo around 2:00 this afternoon. I made a u-turn and sure enough found Mike and Carol at a gas station. I pulled in and said: Hey Mike!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

William & Janet, 2022 Elite II, twin bed, 2023 GMC Sierra 2500

People don't run out of dreams, they run out of time.

What a surprise when D and I were screaming around a left turn in the Jemez Mountains of northern NM and spotted that "oh, so familiar" big red Texico Star prominently fixed on the nose of Mike's and Carol's Oliver at a local service station!  D poked me hard in the ribs and shouted over the roar of the engine downshifting to an appropriate gear for what will become a serious "bat-turn", "Look!  There's Mike and Carol!"  HA!  Sure enough, we circled back and pulled into the station to say, "HEY!"

After blasting out a, "Hey, MIKE!" -- it was clear from his 2,000 yard stare that Mike had no clue who was addressing him from atop a big Beemer, so, like Mike described above, I introduced myself and the look of recognition appeared on his face and we both laughed!

I'm certain that this will likely remain as our most exciting "Oliver Sighting" ever!

Small world, for sure!

Cheers!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

• Moderators
18 hours ago, William SJT said:

Two in one trip. Janet and I live in San Angelo, Texas (airport code SJT, hence my sign-in name). I saw an Oliver with a logo I recognize traveling south on US 87 through San Angelo around 2:00 this afternoon. I made a u-turn and sure enough found Mike and Carol at a gas station. I pulled in and said: Hey Mike!

William, it was good talking to you as the diesel was flowing!  After encountering MAX Burner I was not expecting another!!  Thanks for stopping and hopefully we can talk about your Alaska trip.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS