UVW Dry Weight for Legacy Elite

yzubkov

Hello,

Would anyone have a rough estimate for the Legacy Elite trailer dry weight? The brochure states that 2,400 Lb is for the model without any options installed, and I am assuming it is talking about the options to bring the Legacy Classic to the Elite status.

I would appreciate any guidance and advice, as I want to make sure to select the right options to stay within the legal limits of towing capacity for my vehicle.

• Moderator+

Actually that is the weight for the trailer the common options installed. That would not include the modifications on the suspension etc. It still allows you to add a reasonable amount of cargo and keep it below the 3500 lb axle rating. Unless you are trying to haul rocks like Lucy and Ricky did, you should be able to expect a trailer weighing in at under 3500 lbs.

Hope this helps....

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I was actually more concerned about the situation depicted in the following short video:

Thanks to scubarx for sharing his information, but would someone else give me a second confirmation by specifying their actual dry trailer wieght, assuming it is Legacy Elite?

• 3 weeks later...