Refrigerator vent cover fasteners

• Moderators

Charlie, I believe our older vent covers are Dometic. You may want to call Oliver to find out the supplier of your vent covers.

If they're Dometic, call, and they'll either have them, or refer you to their parts partner. Ask for the part number so you can Google shop the parts. Dometic has bought out a number of small and large suppliers.

In the good old days, suppliers would ship small items like that for free, or a very small cost. Not so much,anymore, if it's Dometic and over a few years old

I often find parts for my older 2008 cheaper on eBay than through Dometic and their parts partner...

However, the eyebrow board for my refrigerator was less through their parts partner. No rhyme, nor reason.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for the help. After searching around on the internet, I finally found the fastener that I was looking for. It is a Norcold 617772 Latch, and fits a 620505PW NORCOLD Service vent door.  The vent door was about $25 and the fasteners were about $5 each.  While looking around, it seems that this door is prone to falling off frequently, so I have decided to remove the broken fasteners and epoxy a nut on the back side of the bracket and use a screw for a fastener. It will be cheaper and the door won't ever fall off.  Thanks again for the help.

IMG_0109.jpg.f96b62c5d6343af65485f63cc60ee974.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg.98434b3591c7315cd75c357bf71be1c7.jpg

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
Hi Sherry,

Thanks for the help. After searching around on the internet, I finally found the fastener that I was looking for. It is a Norcold 617772 Latch, and fits a 620505PW NORCOLD Service vent door. The vent door was about $25 and the fasteners were about $5 each. While looking around, it seems that this door is prone to falling off frequently, so I have decided to remove the broken fasteners and epoxy a nut on the back side of the bracket and use a screw for a fastener. It will be cheaper and the door won’t ever fall off. Thanks again for the help.

I don't know how old your trailer is. In our case, at over nine years, , no one covers anything... With the exception of camco.

For anyone who might still be under manufacturer component warranty, check first. It may save you some money.

We found a few systems had a two year warranty beyond factory.

Best, Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.