Grills/Outdoor stoves

SeaDawg

• Moderators

I know we touched on this before in another topic, but I think the idea may have been lost in other discussions.

A lot of the stick built campers we looked at have a pop up outdoor kitchen, or a set of clips to attach a grill, but I'm not crazy about heat and smoke next to the camper. On the boat, we've used a Magma propane for over ten years. Small, lightweight, easy to clean and store... but we don't have quite the same situation here. On the boat, we always have a rail to attach to, and (at least at anchor), the smoke always blows away from us. (You haven't seen billowing smoke till Paul takes over as grillmaster 8-) !

What do you use, or what have you seen that you like?

We don't want to do the charcoal semi-disposable grill again. as we have with rental RVs.. charcoal is a pain, and we bought the quik disconect for the Oliver propane system. Really don't want a heavy grill, or have to carry a camp table, too.

We've thought about installing a socket on the side of the aluminum frame near the bumper and then using a swing arm with the grill mounted on it, so its about a foot or so away from the side.

Ideas? Comments? Please?

Paul n Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.