no water storage needed

Is it possible to do without the water storage tank-we don't primitive camp and if hook up water line to city connect anyway, and have a hot water tank, why do we need a water storage tank under seat? If we didn't need one we could have that space for storage. If we need to stop for "potty" usage other than at gas station we just carry a gallon of water to flush with without needing water tank for that either. What do you think about no water tank? Thanks,\

Charleen

• Moderators

Hmmm, good question. Especially if you're thinking about the logistics of traditional trailers where the water tanks take up a lot of the useable storage area. The Oliver tanks are very different from others.... long, low horizontal "boxes" that fit in the area between the double hulls... not an area you could use for other storage, easily, but a great, protected place for tanks. Their placement frees up other areas for storage.

I'm with Tumbleweed... We all buy a trailer thinking we'll keep it for the rest of our lives... or at least many years... but things can change. I think eliminating ANY tankage... fresh, black or grey... would be a big mistake in the resale value of the trailer... any trailer. If weight for your tow vehicle is a factor, just don't fill the freshwater tank. It's just an easier decision to NOT eliminate them in the Oliver where they take up no inside room at all. I see you're some distance from the factory... but when you get down to the final decision making crunch time, I think it's important to see the whole enchilada and be able to look at how they're made from the lightweight, tough all aluminum frame up....The factory is impressive. Besides, it's a pretty drive, and Nasheville's really close by! sherry

Good luck with your decision. Sherry

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.