AC to DC conversion not working

russ4512

Russ

Great news that your unit (hopefully) has been repaired. Could you give us your hull #? Maybe in the early 200 range?, when some quality control and communication  issues were allowed to creep into production as they doubled the line. Might be a subject for a new thread, something else for us to check. Thank you...

My trailer is now resting in storage for the winter but I believe my hull number is 94. In the three years I've owned it there have been several electrical problems. The first two years my SUV repeatedly thought the trailer was disconnected and was "ringing" an alert very often and quite annoyingly. That problem was solved by getting rid of my 2015 GMC Yukon and replacing it with a Lincoln Navigator along with plugging in an adaptor to the trailer connect plug. We also experienced the street side outside lights not working, the closet light switch working erratically, and the refrigerator recently not working in the DC mode. This is all in addition to the AC to DC conversion problem which was the source of my original post. Also, the problem found in my trailer (with the technical problem of grounding of the inverter) was there was no grounding wire at all.

So I've had my share of electrical issues which hopefully are now all solved so we can get back to the very enjoyable process of exploring the USA in our trailer.

Russ