SCUBARX's headed WEST !

mountainborn

• Moderators

We talked to Steve and Tali last evening. They were towing their Ollie West, about half way across Arkansas. On interstate forty. They had plans to overnight at Conway. Don't know how late they drove, but they made it to Conway as planned.

This morning over breakfast, Betty and I were talking about their Jeepin' trip to Colorado. We had talked to them before we left to go to Colorado, and discovered that their planned trip was similar to the one that we were planning. We had both locked in our vacation times and would not be able to travel togather.

Our trip was early enough that snow at the higher elevations could be a problem. Their trip would be late enough that snow at the higher elevations could be a problem.

So, during breakfast, this morning, we watched the weather. Bad. The forecast was for heavy snow above 8500 feet of elevation, in S/W Colorado.

We called them. They were breaking camp there in Conway. Optimisticly they planned to get there, looker' over, and go from there.

Snow on the million dollar highway ! Now, that would be an experience.

Maybe they will hook a wifi signal and update us as the trip goes along.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Just got off of the phone with the scubarx's. They spent their second night on the road at the great sand dunes and had mule deer right in camp with them !

The next two nights were spent in Durango Colorado making day trips over jeep trails. Some were the same that Betty and I drove last Spring.

They are breaking camp this morning. It was pretty cold this morning at that altitude, they report. They have no travel agenda in mind, but are heading South West into New Mexico. No agenda, and a week to do it in ! Is that cool or what ?

They took well over three hundred photos so far, so, you know when they post it for us to view, the slide show will be fantastic !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Can't wait for those photos! We, too, wish the Scubarx's a great trip.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

The weather channel is talking about the early snow fall and how Santa Anna Winds are pushing it South down into New Mexico. It made us wonder if Steve And Tali had hit the road ahead of the storm. We tried their cell phone this morning but got a "out of the service area" message.