Tow Vehicle Tradin' Days

mountainborn

• Moderators

I guess that we all trade tow vehicles from time to time. As our towing needs change because of various factors, such as the highway types we travel, elevations that we spend a lot of time at, fuel costs and so on and so forth, we may need to trade. When high mileage begins to rear it's ugly head, or, we are just simply doing things differently, or, maybe, we just might see a tow vehicle that we really like.

A tow vehicle that suits me just fine right now, may not be as suitable next year. We recently found ourselves in that position. Luckily, a Recently retired State Trooper friend decided to trade in his farm truck, that had been some what depreciated, in on a lighter truck that met his current needs.

His old truck was one that just simply struck a responsive chord in our hearts. Though it was the same year, an 08', as our Jeep, it had only a little less than 1/4 of the miles on it, that the Jeep had. A Ford dealer friend called me to say, "harm, ya' gotta' take a look at this one !". We did, and he was right, we fell for it instantly. He had been after us to trade in our Jeep, he also has the Jeep dealership, because he had his eye on it for deer hunting, ect..

It just seemed right for all of us, so we put a pencil to it, made a few adjustments, decided that it was good for all, and did it.

The dealer has a Jeep he has been wanting. The Trooper has the new pickup he was wanting. And, we now are pulling our Ollie with a 6.4 liter, twin turbo, diesel Ford pickup. White of course, to match our Ollie !

It is dark outside and sleet is spasmodicly falling, so photos will have to wait till later.

We are about to learn what it is like to climb those Rocky Mountain Passes with ample horsepower this Summer !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Congrats on your new tow vehicle. With the extra power you will need to remind yourself that Ollie is behind you. Wish we could join everyone at Jugfest, it sounds like fun. I have relatives in Missouri and Arkansas so a trip back that way would be fun with the Oliver.

Pam

Now yall get to bring that extra stuff you always wanted to bring! Did you keep that 6"??? pvc pipe? That looked like a handy contraption.Seriously, I am glad for yall. Have much fun for all of us not able to be at Jugfest. Maybe one of these days!!