WiFi Ranger Connection Problem

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, SteveCr said:

The cell phone booster is mounted over the dinette and can boost a very very weak signal up to a very weak signal 🙄 ...... if you mount/hold the phone within a foot or so. A more portable booster would make more sense.

We tried this, at our remote camping facility, in wnc. 

It would boost very very weak to very weak, on att. Nada, zip on tmobile. Useless. We returned it. 

That's why we continue to carry phones from two services, Verizon and tmobile, two different signals, two towers.

Funny news. If I put my Verizon phone in the window of our steel pole barn, in wnc, my husband gets better signal on hotspot than I do as principal user. Go figure.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

19 hours ago, SteveCr said:

Hello Brian,

My antenna is on the front. We sometimes use the antenna to get local over the air channels...it works fine.

However, an alternative we use more frequently is a Roku stick...using an I-phone as a hotspot. My phone service is through Visible so there is no data limit ($35/m)...works good when there is a connection. Of course, with Roku or other similar devices you can pull in whatever services you subscribe to and all the free streaming channels. The variety is much better than the over the air stations. (For example...YoutubeTV has ESPN and other sports channels).

There may have been locations where I could not get cell service but could get over the air channels but i can't recall. Traveling through remote areas in New England, Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc....there were plenty of places where neither were available....but not a big deal.

If I had to do it over again I would delete the antenna and probably also the cell phone booster. The cell phone booster is mounted over the dinette and can boost a very very weak signal up to a very weak signal 🙄 ...... if you mount/hold the phone within a foot or so. A more portable booster would make more sense.

Steve

Hull 806

Thank you Steve - we will not be getting the cell phone booster but will likely keep the omni antenna for situations where we want local weather as an alternative to cell coverage, etc. I will have an Apple TV device in the trailer that will do much the same thing as your Roku stick.

Safe travels and thank you again.

Brian