Cable and Satellite Connections

RV Newbie

Mine is an LE2 Hull # 1254.  It has two external RG-6 connectors, one says "cable" and the other says "satellite".  Inside the trailer in the storage compartment above the rear window, there is a RG-6 cable not connected to anything.  I searched on this forum and I read that there is a switch "in the attic" that switches between these two connections.  Where is the attic and how do I access it?

Thanks for your input.

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

On our Ollie, that cable in the attic comes directly from the external “satellite” port on the outer hull.  It is for connecting an external portable satellite antenna to a satellite receiver that you would locate in the attic.   The external “cable” port on the outer hull goes directly to the TV.   The switch you mentioned that other owners have is part of the optional TV antenna package that Oliver offers as an extra cost upgrade.  If you didn’t get the optional TV antenna package you won’t have that switch. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

The attic and the storage compartment above the rear window are one in the same thing.

Not being familiar with your Ollie - mine is a bunch older - are you sure that you're not confusing the little switch on the cable antenna booster box?

The cable not connected to anything is most likely the other end of the satellite cable and is used to connect to a satellite decoder box.

Bill 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

RV Newbie,  I have a LEI. I didn’t get the external antenna..  I have mine one I bought long ago…. I hooked to the cable port,nothing on the tv.. I had to take the left side panel in the attic..  they had the satellite cable to the tv ..the cable wire was just sitting there, had to connect to tv..  it works great know..  Hull #1179… good luck & Happy camping,Manny 

• Like 2

2022 Elite I  # 1179  |  2024 Tundra SR5 4x4 Crewmax. 5.5 ft. Bed. 3.31gears 10 spd.trans

Today, I went out and check continuity of the single coax in the attic that is not connected to anything and found that it is indeed the cable to goes to the external "satellite" connector.  I also check the TV and the coax (RG-6) port on the TV is not connected to anything.  Some of you have stated that external "cable" port should be connected to the TV.  Is this another one of those that Oliver Company quality inspection missed?  I hope my trailer external "cable" port is somewhere behind the attic.