Changing Propane Tank While Heater is Running

RustyMD

How do you change out an empty propane tank while the heater is running? I assume you turn the regulator to the one now in use, change the primary tank (the one that’s empty) and then switch the regulator back to the primary tank. Yes? Or do you have to shut everything down?

2023 LEII Hull #1304

Robert Youens

2023 LEII Hull #1304

TV 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi e-torque with tow package

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
11 minutes ago, RustyMD said:

How do you change out an empty propane tank while the heater is running? I assume you turn the regulator to the one now in use, change the primary tank (the one that’s empty) and then switch the regulator back to the primary tank. Yes? Or do you have to shut everything down?

2023 LEII Hull #1304

Correct....no shut down necessary.

After refill/install of tank 1, you can just leave the regulator on tank 2 if you want.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RustyMD said:

2023 LEII Hull #1304

Yep. There is no need to switch regulator back to the just refilled tank. Whichever tank the regulator lever points to is/becomes the primary tank.

• Like 1