Truma Aqua Go water heater decalcification

Kathy Tewart

Today I worked on decalcification of Truma Aqua Go water heater-when I went to insert the 6 decalcification tablets in the filter I could only get 5 inside.The first tablet got hung up as if the filter wasn’t wide enough. I tried banging it with a wood handle to seat it further in but it would not budge much. I followed the diagram in the manual. This was my first time attempting decalcification. I called it a draw and proceeded with the process, which completed. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem, if so were you able to solve it?

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

I had a similar problem with a 6 pack of tablets that I had for couple of years.  It seemed as if the had swollen up and they were also a little more likely to crumble.  I just threw them away and the newer package worked fine.  So my take away was to only buy them when needed.

Mossey

• Like 3

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

8 hours ago, mossemi said:

I had a similar problem with a 6 pack of tablets that I had for couple of years.  It seemed as if the had swollen up and they were also a little more likely to crumble.  I just threw them away and the newer package worked fine.  So my take away was to only buy them when needed.

Mossey

Something to consider-they were in a blister pack that I bought from OTT in April 2022, thanks

• Like 3