Cradlepoint and TMobile

Dr Idol

Trying to deploy TMobile with Cradlepoint largely as a cost saving measure. Have a TMobile SIM installed in one of the slots. Cradlepoint tech support says the SIM needs to be authorized while TMobile says it already is. Anyone having success with this configuration who would share insights?

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

I had the same idea as we are Tmobile customers as well. You beat me to the experiment. I was just going to add an additional line to our 55+ plan for $35 a month and install the sim into the Cradlepoint. I guess I'll be monitoring your success or not. I know you can pass a sim from one phone to the next seamlessly, seems like it would work just fine but I'm not a cellular techy.

Welcome to the forum BTW and please keep us posted with your results. 

• Like 1

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

We’ve been using a TMobile sim card in our cradle point for about a year.  No problem.  I picked the sim up from the t-mobile store, popped it into the cradle point, and voila!  It was a piece of cake.

• Like 4

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

On 9/8/2023 at 3:48 PM, VBistro said:

We’ve been using a TMobile sim card in our cradle point for about a year.  No problem.  I picked the sim up from the t-mobile store, popped it into the cradle point, and voila!  It was a piece of cake.

Ah!  To confirm you did not need to authorize the SIM, right?  Basically you had instant Internet as expected. Guess I’ll try some more troubleshooting with CP support who, by the way, have been helpful. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 4:37 AM, Dr Idol said:

Ah!  To confirm you did not need to authorize the SIM, right?  Basically you had instant Internet as expected. Guess I’ll try some more troubleshooting with CP support who, by the way, have been helpful. 

Sorry….I didn’t see this until now.  The service person at the TMobile store activated the SIM before I left the store.

• Like 1

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

As mentioned above, I have since got an additional active SIM card from the local TMobile store (unlimited data and $35 per month with auto pay) and have been using it in the trailer as a hot spot in a spare older phone with great success. I guess my next move is to install the SIM in the Cradle Point and see if I also experience success. Sounds like a plug and play no brainer. We'll see. 

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map