Honda EU3200i Generator

Jav8or

Good Day All,

Just purchased the aforementioned generator (my first) and I’m wondering if it's normal for the unit to vibrate so much in ECO mode. The throttle doesn't surge and it idles very steadily. When ECO mode is off, vibrations go down.

Does anyone have experience with this particular model?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts. 

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
  • Moderators

You might try a PM to Patriot - I believe that he has this genny.

Give him a couple of days for reply in that I believe that he is currently on the road.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

11 hours ago, Jav8or said:

Good Day All,

Just purchased the aforementioned generator (my first) and I’m wondering if it's normal for the unit to vibrate so much in ECO mode. The throttle doesn't surge and it idles very steadily. When ECO mode is off, vibrations go down.

Does anyone have experience with this particular model?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts. 

@Jav8or
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your first post. Maybe introduce your self and let us know what tow vehicle, year Oliver and Hull# you own so we can help you better.
I have the 3200i and installed it in the our Oliver cargo basket in a custom lock down security basket crafted specific to the 3200i. Between the the gen security mount and the cargo basket I custom cut and installed 3/4” rubber horse stall mat from Tractor Supply. It really helps isolate the engine vibration from the gen when running on high. You did not say where you place the gen while you are running it? Is it  in the cargo basket? If so  you will need the rubber isolator that I mentioned at a minimum. The rubber feet on the gen are not substantial enough to isolate the vibs when running the gen in normal mode. We don’t experience excessive vibration that you mention when running the gen on high with the rubber mat installed. We really like our 3200i and how it is custom installed, we don’t leave home without it. We have already used it when we experienced a power outage at a CG last summer. It’s a game changer. See link below.

Patriot🇺🇸

IMG_2614.jpeg

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg