Hocken Footstool for Composting Toilets

Sending out two plywood prototypes tomorrow. The absence of a composting toilet in our Oliver has added complexity to the process. I extend my gratitude to the two Oliver owners who've assisted in measuring, test fitting, and finalizing the design. These prototypes, crafted in beautiful mahogany, with all stainless-steel hardware, should be ready for their inaugural owners in a few weeks. The Hocken front legs rest on the shower pan, while the back legs find support on the toilet platform. It's a space-efficient design, allowing you to shower with it in place. The legs are easily removable for storage, requiring only four thumb screws, and no tools. If you find your composting toilet too tall, I have a solution for you.

Hocken Plywood.jpg

• Like 5

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
10 hours ago, Coastal Aggie said:

ive done this with a cheap stool i got on amazon. Ive been thinking about devising a way to add fold out rear legs for it so that it can serve as a standard foot stool as well.

I did too, with a Squatty Potty. I have a teak shower floor mat, and intended to put dowels in the bottom of the stool and matching holes in the teak to keep it in position. I bought all these before we picked up our trailer, and the standard toilet wasn't as tall as we'd remembered. We must have been thinking about the optional toilet. So now the stool is in the garage for if/when we change to an Air Head toilet.

• Like 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg