Boon docking - Emergency Medical Response...

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators
8 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

"what3words" address

Another "arrow" to place in the quiver!

While I use a Garmin Inreach mini that automatically transmits my GPS coordinates in the event of an emergency, I can see situations where the "what3words" system would/might come in handy.

This is another good place to remind everyone about a presentation that was made a couple of years ago at the Oliver Owner's Rally.  This presentation covered the type of information that each of us should have available in the event of an emergency.  A copy of the information that would be helpful plus some other ideas can be found IN THIS THREAD.

And, for those of us that keep this information with us - now is a good time of year to take a look at it to make sure that the data contained in it is still up to date.

Bill

• Thanks 2
  • Like 9

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

I have been using what3words for a while now, and it is really high resolution, down to a 3 meter area.  I have a Motorola Defy, which uses a satellite, but I'm not sure how quick the response would be vs. having cell service and using 911.  But would highly recommend what3words.

• Like 7

2023 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull #1405, "Rocinante"  TV: 2022 F-150 5.0 V8 4x4

States Visited MapMap of Provinces I Visited

• 4 months later...

Hi Art,

Thanks for the posting, Art.  What a great resource!  Now to get a HAM radio to go with the license I've never actually used...  I'm thinking maybe Quartzfest in January.  

Thanks also for the Medical Forms, Bill.  Another thing I should have thought of, but did not.  

- Rhonda 

On 6/24/2024 at 7:26 AM, RLFriedberg said:

Now to get a HAM radio to go with the license I've never actually used... 

Hey, Rhonda - recommend getting yourself an easy to use HT...  ICOM, Yaesu, BaoFeng, and other mfg. offer several dual band models.  That way, you can get a magnet mounted roof antenna and use your HT on the move in either VHF or UHF mode.

• Thanks 1

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg