Jump to content

Sweis

Members
  • Posts

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

My Info

  • Gender or Couple
    Couple

My RV or Travel Trailer

  • Do you own an Oliver Travel Trailer, other travel trailer or none?
    I own an Oliver Travel Trailer
  • Hull #
    707
  • Year
    2021
  • Make
    Oliver
  • Model
    Legacy Elite II
  • Floor Plan
    Twin Bed Floor Plan

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Sweis's Achievements

Newbie

Newbie (1/14)

  • First Post
  • Dedicated
  • One Month Later
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

3

Reputation

  1. Thank you topgun2 for getting me in the right string. I think I’m starting to understand how the strings work. We are camping now in Nova Scotia, but when I get the covers off, I’ll take a picture. I think I understand that Baker ships the jacks with vertical steel plates welded to the tubes and Oliver has changed to a single piece steel angle iron, which looks a lot stronger than the older ones. Not sure about the square holes in the steel and iron? if I were making it, I would drill round holes and use regular Bolts and washers instead of carriage bolts.
  2. I have a 2021 hull. Piece of steel angle for the bracket to bolt to. Is the vertical bracket welded to the jack tube by Baker supposed to have a 3000 pound rating at that point? Other than that weld the Angle iron and bolts seem like they have enough capacity. Horizontal Square carriage bolt holes are a little big in the steel Angle iron.
  3. LI was part of the recall, took it to Ford and supposedly that’s taken care of. Been about 1000 miles since finding squished burned Wire inside Dexter front axle. No warning so far. also on the rear axle there was one spot that looked the same. I don’t know what it is. Or how it could happen inside the axle? I’m pretty sure the front axle was the problem because the wire was compromised like this in several spots. Look like they pulled the wire through right after welding maybe?
  4. 2025 Ford lariat F150Having the same intermittent warning pop up on my dash. Legacy elite two 2021 hull 707. Brakes look like they had some mileage exchanged with four new Dexter backing plate brake combo. Worked fine. All the slow drives. I did around neighborhood to test. First trip up through George started getting warnings and brakes would basically shut off. Checked all my connections 23 times when sitting still operated fine about 3 A at each break 14 A when tested at the breakaway switch finally saw the threads about the wire in the axle pulled the front one out. There was a few rubbed spots. eventually would’ve failed but found about the middle of the wire in the axle. looked like somebody had set a hot welding rod a piece of hot metaldown on the wire in a couple places. Didn’t have any wire yet so cut the bad section sliced back together taped it to the axle. Seems to be working fine a couple hundred miles. Ordered some new marine grade Wire and some “solder butt connectors” comes with small heat gun. shrink wraps, and solders at the same time. Will attach the wire to the outside of the axle.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information