We purchased Hull 617 April 2020 and had the same Jensen TV audio cutting-out problem as being described in this post .
Our action steps to-date:
1. We contacted Oliver May 2020 and they recommended contacting Jensen to resolve the problem. We were unsuccessful, Jensen confirmed that they had no other reports of this type of problem.
2. Contacted Oliver and they sent a new Jensen TV (same model). However, this did not resolve the problem.
3. We bought a SuperSonic TV 110v. It did not provide an analog output for the sound but did have an optical audio output. Additionally, we bought a digital-to-analog converter to provide the analog audio to the Jensen stereo. This setup resolved the no sound (cutting out) problem, however, it caused a humming through the speakers that was even more annoying. We purchased a higher quality DAC unit but it still hummed so we returned the TV and both DAC’s.
4. March 2021 Oliver performed annual maintenance and during this visit Jason replaced the audio cables between the TV and stereo. However, this did not resolve the problem.
5. August 2021 we continue to have the problem. We again confirmed that the sound works correctly through the TV speakers. We agree with a previous poster that the audio decoding within the TV seems to be the problem.
6. August 4, 2021, contacted ASA Electronics (parent of Jensen) at 877-845-8750. The Rep, Erin, confirmed our call in May 2020 and is willing to provide a new TV under a good-will warranty if we work through a dealership to receive it. They want the old TV returned at owner’s expense. The Rep confirmed that she has not seen any complaints on this matter. This same response was communicated to us in May 2020. She confirmed they do conduct a 4 hour burn-in test for all TV functions.
7. So at this point we can deal with it “as is”, OR work through a dealership on the West Coast to receive the new TV (dealer $, ship to Jensen $) with no guarantees it will resolve the issue, OR use Oliver as the middleman dealer to receive and then forward the new TV to us and handle the forwarding of the old TV to Jensen (assuming Oliver agrees to this) again no guarantees it will resolve the issue, OR spend $ to buy and reconfigure a 110v TV and stereo such as the Vizio/Furrion solution that Oliver changed to in 2021 in part because of this issue and the lack of solution from Jensen. What would you do?