Couch

When we bought our Oliver they offered couch cushions which we opted not to get.  I just spoke to Anita and they no longer sell them. 

I often find myself camping alone and really wish I had a comfortable way to sit on the unused bed with good back support etc.  What solutions has anyone found for this? Does someone with the couch give me the cushion measurements if I decide to make my own?

2021 Elite II Twin Bed Hull #1023 - Kimba  | 2015 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 5.0L V8

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Roger - 

What is considered "Good back support" is more often than not determined by the person that is sitting in a particular position and/or surface.

I have the "couch" and will be going out to my Oliver's storage as early as tomorrow and I will try to get some measurements for you.  In the meantime, I have found that since the couch cushions are at a 90 degree angle from each other they (by themselves) exactly make for a very UN-comfortable sitting position.  I've found that a combination of throw pillows plus one of THESE can be used to get a comfortable yet supportive seating position.

Bill

Edited by topgun2
changed "comfortable to "UN-comfortable"
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On 3/12/2024 at 2:32 PM, Roger said:

When we bought our Oliver they offered couch cushions which we opted not to get.  I just spoke to Anita and they no longer sell them. 

I often find myself camping alone and really wish I had a comfortable way to sit on the unused bed with good back support etc.  What solutions has anyone found for this? Does someone with the couch give me the cushion measurements if I decide to make my own?

They did not offer the couch cushions in 2021 when I ordered either.  I use a set of four down throw pillows which allow me to create different shapes for sitting/leaning differently

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

• Moderators
On 3/12/2024 at 4:32 PM, Roger said:

Does someone with the couch give me the cushion measurements if I decide to make my own?

Here ya go - 

Starting from the short wall area next to the pantry ,(all cushions are 14 inches tall):

1 @ 30 inches long (note this cushion extends the full length of the width of the bed.  But, if I had to do it over again I'd reduce that length to 26 or even 25 inches to match the short counter in front of the pantry.)  This cushion is separate from the others (i.e. no snaps or Velcro) and "wedges" into the corner between the side of the pantry and the street side of the trailer - my couch is on the street side.

1 @ 50 inches this cushion extends from near the pantry wall almost all the way to the rear corner radius.

1 @ 15 inches this cushion starts the turn into the rear corner

1 @ 10 inches this cushion is almost in the direct center of the corner radius

1 @ 17.5 inches this cushion completes the back of the couch and wedges against the night stand.

Note that all cushions except for the first one listed are attached to each other via tabs of fabric with two snaps per tab.  Velcro could also be used instead.  Attaching the cushions together keeps them in line and prevents the rear corner cushions from "popping" out or falling down.

Questions?

Bill

IMG_20240313_134144011.jpg

IMG_20240313_134154307.jpg

IMG_20240313_134110747.jpg

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"