Truma Factory Soft Start Installation

The Truma Soft Start device for the Aventa air conditioner is now available from the factory.  I contacted Truma Headquarters and they scheduled their local factory mobile tech to do the install at my home in Scottsdale, AZ.   The actual install took about 20 minutes.  I ran it through several tests and I'm happy to say it performed perfectly.   I'm now able to power my Aventa from a 15 amp outlet, a 20 amp outlet or my Honda eu3200i generator.   Nice to have the option for Boondocking or Moochcamping.  The generator is now able to run in ECO (auto load demand) mode, which enables it to run at a much lower rpm which reduces fuel consumption and noise level significantly. The unit cost $425 installed + travel time. It comes with a 2 year warranty.

I don't think they have mobile technicians available everywhere so check with the factory.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
15 minutes ago, JBurton said:

The Truma Soft Start device for the Aventa air conditioner is now available from the factory.  I contacted Truma Headquarters and they scheduled their local factory mobile tech to do the install at my home in Scottsdale, AZ.   The actual install took about 20 minutes.  I ran it through several tests and I'm happy to say it performed perfectly.   I'm now able to power my Aventa from a 15 amp outlet, a 20 amp outlet or my Honda eu3200i generator.   Nice to have the option for Boondocking or Moochcamping.  The generator is now able to run in ECO (auto load demand) mode, which enables it to run at a much lower rpm which reduces fuel consumption and noise level significantly. The unit cost $425 installed + travel time. It comes with a 2 year warranty.

I don't think they have mobile technicians available everywhere so check with the factory.

Johnny,

Thanks for the in depth update/report.
As an fyi:  I spoke to Mike at Oliver Service this past week and they do not have the Aventa soft start available for sale and install yet. 

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

Do you know, Is it available for diy installation?  I just installed a dometic smartstart on my sons SOB trailer.  It was an easy install with cryptic instructions.

Robert and Cheryl, Louisville, KY, Legacy Elite II Hull #1390 Oliphino, TV F250 Tremor

Just now, Rolind said:

Do you know, Is it available for diy installation?  I just installed a dometic smartstart on my sons SOB trailer.  It was an easy install with cryptic instructions.

Thanks so much. I just sent an email to Vintage Basecamp in Louisville KY, an authorized Truma installer. I will update the forum with their response.

Robert and Cheryl, Louisville, KY, Legacy Elite II Hull #1390 Oliphino, TV F250 Tremor

4 hours ago, Rolind said:

Thanks so much. I just sent an email to Vintage Basecamp in Louisville KY, an authorized Truma installer. I will update the forum with their response.

@Rolind @JBurton

At this year’s Oliver Rally the Truma Tech Dave Lehman announced at the Truma presentation that only Truma trained techs and Oliver TT Service Centers techs would be authorized to install the new Truma soft start on Olivers. 
My SWAG is it may not be available for DIY installation as doing so will likely cancel out the soft start 2 yr factory warranty. 

Edited by Patriot

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Patriot said:

only Truma trained techs and Oliver TT Service Centers techs would be authorized to…

do any repair or simple replacement part. Given it’s a quality product, though have read of several Truma issues in many threads here.

Those of you who have service centers do installations and service work for you, OK…

Not me, my trailer my install. What happens when you have no AC or no HWH 600 miles and 5 weeks out on the service calendar of an Authorized Truma Service Center? Nothing, is the answer.

Your consolation is it’s not Dometic cr@p. Good luck. 🤣

• Like 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

25 minutes ago, jd1923 said:

do any repair or simple replacement part. Given it’s a quality product, though have read of several Truma issues in many threads here.

Those of you who have service centers do installations and service work for you, OK…

Not me, my trailer my install. What happens when you have no AC or no HWH 600 miles and 5 weeks out on the service calendar of an Authorized Truma Service Center? Nothing, is the answer.

Your consolation is it’s not Dometic cr@p. Good luck. 🤣

My only point was that Truma is not likely going to sell the soft start to the general public. At least that is my understanding from the techs briefing at the rally. Of course this could change. I am not so sure what if any value your comment brings to this discussion since you don’t own a Truma AC and you have no dog in the fight. 

Just simply passing along some hopefully helpful information to assist another member about what I learned from the Truma tech and Oliver Service at the Rally. 

Edited by Patriot

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

8 hours ago, jd1923 said:

You are correct @Patriot, please accept my apology.

All good jd! All good!

• Thanks 1

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg