Flimsy Shower door - Now more Ridgid.

I was tired of the Shower door flexing and decided to try little upgrade. 

Cut out door from 4 x 8 FRP plastic sheeting. Picked up damaged piece from Lowes and cut out. It has made the door more ridgid and solid. 

Used Cauling on edges and glue on innter. Was afraid to drill anything. Seems very solid for now. 

Only issues are my skills are lacking on cutting and saw did get away from me on the bottom not quite a perfect line.

Love how the new doors are a solid piece on newer models of olivers.

PXL_20240721_165618215_MP.thumb.jpg.b605f14ded366dfafee7871b4952ddc1.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

How do you keep the water inside, with all the Clips, Clamps and Braces on it...

Just Kidding,  

Our latched door evidently tweaked enough to open (under tow) and cracked the mirror or by slamming against the dinette stop...
we only have 5 years BAD LUCK remaining.

I must admit that the mirror glass only 'spidered', and did not fall from the door.
Just applied 'Gorilla Tape" in a nice star pattern, and lived with it the rest of the way home.

B~OUT

Edited by SNY SD UP
clarification #2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

Its sealed pretty well with glue inner layer and silicon outer layer. The flexing always scared me with the mirror in it. Love newer design on new models.Sorry about bad luck on yours. Thats terrible. 

The clamps were holding glue while it dried. Did not understand your question. Clamps are off. shower door is ridgid and glued with piece that could be removed if needed. Silicon caulking and thin layer silicon glue.

Ty J,

It was my Humor, which gets me in trouble every now and then.  
I really did understand that the Clips, Clamps and Braces, would come off before use.

And we will be installing a tether of some sorts on the frame to bath door/latch, as it popped open again while under tow on our last trip, however nothing was damaged this time.

B~OUT

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg