1up Bike Rack Light Wiring Connection

I recently modified my back hitch receiver to 2" to accept the 1up 2" Super Duty bike rack.  The receiver modification is great and the 1up bike rack is very well built.

I also purchased the 1up LED/Plate Holder to attach to the new bike rack. The LED lights include running lights and signal lights and also appear very well built.

I now must determine how to make the wiring attachment from my Oliver to the LED lights. The question is whether any of the knowledgeable readers of this Forum have experience with making this wiring attachment? Of course any, and all, advice would be greatly appreciated.    

My second question would be if I decide (likely?) to have an expert from a service center complete the wiring who d I go to? Is this a RV service center project or is there a different (auto?) service center I should consider contacting.

Thanks for your thoughts.

1up Back Light.jpg

2022 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull 1242, 9/26/22

Lithium Platinum Power/Solar Package

Tow with Supercrew Cab 2019 F-150 4 x4, 5.0L 4-Valve V8 with 3.73 axle ratio & 157" wheelbase.

F-150 GCWR of 16,900 lbs with maximum load trailer of 11,500 lbs.

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
3 hours ago, Gliddenwoods said:

The LED lights include running lights and signal lights and also appear very well built.

It certainly does look well built, even the wiring harness. They use a common 4-plug trailer connector, where on any truck you could just plug it into a harness under the bumper. My first suggestion is to buy a part like this to wire into the rear of your Oliver: Hopkins Towing Solutions Trailer Wire Connector 48025 | O'Reilly Auto (oreillyauto.com) These 4-wire plugs are made for turn signal and brake light circuits, but you will only need two wires, battery positive and ground.

You could pull power from the license plate light but the wiring there might not allow for enough amperage. But if it looks like decent 14 AWG wire then it could. OTT has wired 12VDC in an outlet in the attic (see my picture on left side). You can pull the left panel and use the red B+ and black B- wires. From the attic run wires down between the hulls to the rear trunk area and follow the wire to the license plate light where this harness could be hidden behind the license plate when not in use.

Instead of an RV service shop, I would look for a local shop that sells and installs truck accessories. I used to work at shops like these back in the day. Another idea is a trailer service center (trailer not RV). The trailer shop should stock the wire harness I suggested too.

Attic Wiring.JPG

Edited by jd1923

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

4 hours ago, Gliddenwoods said:

I now must determine how to make the wiring attachment from my Oliver to the LED lights.

As always, John E Davies has documented this project:

• Like 2

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg.d9d6547ab1cd0cc5803e63d1a54214de.jpg

Yeah, J.E.D. had a way doing it big! I thought this was just an extra light to switch on/off.

Given this has turn signal and brake lights, hence the trailer connector (my Duh!) you will have to tap into this wires at the rear lights. You really do not have to drill new openings, etc. 

A local trailer service co is very experienced with this and if it was me I’d have the harness part I suggested behind the license plate or coming out near the bumper, somewhere closest to the new light and least noticeable. 

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!