John and Jodi Posted 6 hours ago Posted 6 hours ago (edited) My microwave is loose and moves around inside its cabinet. A review of the forum suggests this happens from time to time and various fixes have been proposed. I'm asking the forum if I'm missing a piece that should have been installed originally. The photo below shows the two screws on the right side of the microwave stripped. This is the cause of the movement. The photo below shows a threaded socket(?) in the microwave cabinet ceiling immediately above the microwave. Nothing is attached or ever was screwed in there. I was informed by another owner that visited me, that there is supposed to be a piece that screws into this spot to hold the microwave in place. Is this true? When I called Oliver, Tech Support told me that I'm supposed to have straps to hold the microwave in place (see Oliver-provided photo below). However, my microwave (see below) has never had straps and there's no remnant of torn straps or stripped screws. Because my trailer is four years old, I'm being told that it's out of warranty and I will have to fix this. I'm not very happy with Oliver right now. I'm looking for confirmation of a missing piece or not and what that piece is called so I could maybe order it. Tech Support said I will have to run straps through the foam, secure them somehow, and reseal the compartment to correct what I think is their manufacturing defect. Thoughts? Edited 6 hours ago by John and Jodi photos missing John and Jodi San Antonio, TX 2022 Elite II - Hull #1126 being pulled by a 2022 F-150 Powerboost. Map Legend: Red - Driven Through; Orange - Stopped In; Blue - Explored Parts; Green - Explored Whole
Snackchaser Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago (edited) It looks like you're missing the hold-down jack screw. See my post: "A different refrigerator fan option" for a picture of it. It looks like the nut part is still there from your photo, so the bolt might be laynig in there somewhere. Look behind the master switch panel, through the round marine port access, that is where it's tightened or loosened from. Good luck, Geoff Edited 5 hours ago by Snackchaser
John and Jodi Posted 4 hours ago Author Posted 4 hours ago A jack screw! Thank you, and thanks for the photo. That's what I'm looking for. Now I know what to ask for. John and Jodi San Antonio, TX 2022 Elite II - Hull #1126 being pulled by a 2022 F-150 Powerboost. Map Legend: Red - Driven Through; Orange - Stopped In; Blue - Explored Parts; Green - Explored Whole
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now