Hull Announcement!

snowlakemike

After a seemingly "forever" wait (on a new fridge) Elizabeth and I have taken owndership of Hull 64, a 2015 Legacy II  perviously loved by the Kemp family in Florida. Much appreciation to the Kemps for accompanying us out to the beach campsite for our first "set up". I am not really mechanically inclined so he had to repeat a few things, but did it good naturedly.

We spent an enjoyable evening, first at dinner, then at our campsite.  The weather was fantastic!  Next morning we took the puppies to the doggie beach and let them see the "big blue" for the first time.  They are not water dogs, but enjoyed the sand and the view.  We didn't swim...lots of jellyfish in the water.

We rehitched the Ollie, using the provided Anderson WD hitch.  It went fairly seamlessly, packed up, remembering the chocks and jacks.  All went well, even on the tow home to North Mississippi (about 400 miles).  The F150 with the Anderson hitch was effortless.  We experienced no sway, no difficulties at all though passed (initially) by several big rigs, and (later) passing them. Wasn't till after dark that I noticed I had traveled the entire way with my port side lights on. We got a bit over 11 mgp while towing, I was impressed with the F150 and with the Ollie.

Looking forward to getting to know some of the other owners around a firepit over time.

• Thanks 2

Mike and Elizabeth Smith

Snow Lake Shores, MS

2016 Ford F150 3.5 EB, max tow (20,900  miles pulling Ollie since Sept 2016)

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention.  We were approached twice at the campground by campers wanting to investigate the Ollie. We were stopped 3 times on the way home for the same. Twice at rest stops, once at a service station.  The Ollie certainly draws attention.

Mike and Elizabeth Smith

Snow Lake Shores, MS

2016 Ford F150 3.5 EB, max tow (20,900  miles pulling Ollie since Sept 2016)

• Moderators

Mike and Elizabeth,

Welcome to the family!  Get used to people asking about your "new" camper.  A call to the sales staff will result in your receiving a stack of little postcards that you can hand to people asking about the Oliver.  All you have to do is put your hull number on them.  The person you give it to just fills out the rest (address, name etc.) and drops it in the mail (postage free).  They get a brochure in return and if they buy an Oliver you get a nice little present from the Sales staff.  I've found it a nice way to politely get on my way while still giving the interested party the information they need to get more information.

Since you are admittedly "not mechanically inclined" I highly recommend that you use a checklist for setting up and taking down camp.  This should help make sure that you do not "forget" anything that may be important.

Congratulations and lets get that camera out so that all of us can enjoy your Oliver travels.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Administrators

And if you haven't already and you are interested being a part of the Referral Program, edit your profile and add your trailer details and opt-in to the Referral Program. This will place an icon on the See An Ollie map and potential owners can request to view your trailer. Be sure to add you city, state and phone number, along with the info about your Ollie. Welcome to the family!

• Thanks 1

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers