Leaking toilet

Free2Roam

This is our second trip. We are experiencing leaking water from the base of the toilet around the back of the toilet. Also inside the toilet bowl, 2 of the water holes continue to leak water after flushing. We had no trouble in our pick up trip in October. Anyone have any thoughts?

F577A1E4-B195-40B4-BBF9-E55D69586903.thumb.jpeg.d4e82e577c8f63743dedcff2ddbccbb4.jpeg

122E1EA5-2F12-4011-AD66-D7F199F5F314.thumb.jpeg.0a5d10dd1c8c2482e72643cd516e55b7.jpeg

2017 Legacy Elite II Standard

2006 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel 4WD

Just craned my head behind the toilet and see that there is a square opening on the underside of the solid piece that projects from the back base. Approx every 2 min there is a squirt of water. The pic is oriented with my phone on the floor looking up at the just out piece.

D8C4F79E-BEB4-4FCC-B9B6-DF79A996E254.thumb.jpeg.0b719914c8a7b0552fe38944860deb0d.jpeg

First question I have, was the camper subject to freezing weather? If winterized, was antifreeze used?

We didn’t use antifreeze, but all lines were cleared (including the water heater) and it was stored inside an enclosed building. The ambient temp in the building didn’t get below freezing.

That appears to be the underside of your flush valve, my guess is that either the valve isn't properly seated, or the valve is bad/ cracked. You might try grabbing the back of the valve itself ( where the hose attaches) and pushing it in. If that doesn't work it looks to be pretty straightforward to replace it, you're under warranty, oliver will pay to replace it as long as it didn't crack from freezing.

• Thanks 1

STEVEnBETTY

This is our second trip. We are experiencing leaking water from the base of the toilet around the back of the toilet. Also inside the toilet bowl, 2 of the water holes continue to leak water after flushing. We had no trouble in our pick up trip in October. Anyone have any thoughts?

Just curious, have you resolved the leaking toilet issue? What did you do to fix it?

Steve

STEVEnBETTY

Just curious, have you resolved the leaking toilet issue? What did you do to fix it? Steve

not yet. I jiggled on the connector and it didn’t feel loose. For the rest of the trip ( just an overnight) we turned off the inlet valve and only turned it on to flush. Once we got back I had to go back to work. We’re gonna check with Oliver as we found some other things that need to be addressed.

The leak is strsnge though because it’s not a steady stream or even a drip. It’s more of a timed pulse of water that comes out approx every 2 min. Also the streams of water from the 2 holes in the bowel also have a slight pulse pattern to them. It’s just odd.

Angela

Are you attached to city water or is 2 min just how long it takes for the pump to kick in for pressure drop? Does it only come out at full pressure and then just drizzle until it reaches bottom of the pressure switch?

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

Are you attached to city water or is 2 min just how long it takes for the pump to kick in for pressure drop? Does it only come out at full pressure and then just drizzle until it reaches bottom of the pressure switch?

we were attached to city water. Water pump was not on. At the backside valve, there is no constant dripping. The only way I knew that it was coming from that underside “cutout/window” was that I had my head down there when a thin stream of water was released. It didn’t spray, the small amount of water was just released from the valve area almost as if  a tiny cup were filling and then tipped over.  It made a dollop of water about the size of a quarter and then just stopped. Not more dripping. We timed between “dollops” and it was about 2 min.

Inside the bowl there is a slow constant stream from 2 holes at about the 1:00 and 7:00 positions. You can see a slight pulsation at the water edge as the bowl slowly fills.

I'm not a tech, but I think that your flush valve is leaking. When you press down on the pedal that opens the valve, water is pushed through the vacuum breaker and into the toilet bowl, if water is constantly flowing into the bowl the valve is leaking and the vacuum breaker is not preventing the water from siphoning back to the valve. One other thing you might try, when you flush, let the flush lever snap back, it might just reseat the valve.

Steve

• Thanks 1

STEVEnBETTY

We now have an appt at Oliver to have it evaluated. Jason actually called me saying he had been notified that we were having a problem so someone here passed it along to him. Thank you to whoever that was. This forum is fantastic!!!  We’ve got some other things to be checked out so figured we make a trip back to the Mothership ? will keep you posted.

Thank you to everyone!!

Angela

• Thanks 1