Is theft of your RV ever a Concern

Whether a TT, 5th wheel, or even a motorhome, while you're traveling, boondocking, etc, does one have to be worried about their RV being unattended when they leave it to go shopping, sightseeing, hiking, or whatever?  How easy and likely would it be for someone to hop into or hook it up to their truck and drive away.

If you ever see me, simply pretend I am not there.

I've never given it much thought when camping of thief of the trailer or camping gear, were talking tables, chairs, grill, etc. , I feel like camping in camping grounds, the camping neighborhood is a pretty much a tight nit groups of people. Now this can change on camping grounds on weekends and holidays, it does tend to bring out the worst in some people and things can deteriorate right quit, not usually the normal for week day campers. I feel most thief of trailers is from homes, or storage lots where it's pretty easy for someone to checkout the surrounds and make notes on what goes on with home owners and storage lot personal. All being said, good insurance is about all you can have to protect your investment and all personal items would come under your homeowners policy, this usually carries a big deductible and in most cases is pretty useless in most cases.  All being said we just put things up if we leave the site with our vehicle,  bikes go back on the bike rack and locked down, or quick grab items go back in the trailer, or in the pickup and we take it with us.  So far we have not had any problems with thief, but those raccoons will carry off everything you own if not tied down.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

On my previous rigs I never gave theft a second thought mainly because special gear was needed to tow them. With my Oliver things are different anyone with a 2 inch ball and a half ton pickup can take them. I lock the Bulldog Hitch with a Proven Industries device and if I'm far enough away I boot one of the wheels. Probably overkill but I like my peace of mind.

ALAZARCOFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMNMSMOMTNMNCOHSCSDTNTXUTWYmed.jpg

Ray and Betty Jo Bayless

Our two pups Muffinz and Maddie

2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax 6.6 liter 4WD Crew 

2018 Oliver LE2 Twin Bed, Hull #322, Our Igloo on Wheels