Schematic for Inverters and Auto Transfer Switches?

Galway Girl

In all the manuals and online schematics, I seem to be missing diagrams for the two automatic switches that are on board our Elite II (2019)

1) The auto-cutover switch which is in place when a front connection ports optioned into the trailer. The switch inputs appear to come from Shore Power Input or Front Option Input. From the inputs the switch makes the choice which is powered and the output goes to the load center.

2) When installing the Xantrex Prosine Inverter I see a switch, but I'm trying to figure out input/outputs. It looks like one input is FROM the inverter, the other input I can't tell....the OUTPUT of the switch I assume goes to the load center?

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Thanks for any inputs.

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

Assuming that you didn't have an inverter before, then you need a separate transfer switch for the inverter. The new transfer switch will have inputs from the inverter and the outlet circuit from the power center. The output from the transfer switch will go to the outlets. The only input into the inverter should be 12 volt.

One thing to watch out for, if your trailer didn't come from the factory with an inverter, is that the microwave is probably on a different circuit than the other outlets. If so, then when you wire it up like above, the microwave won't have power from the inverter. You'll need to move the microwave circuit from the power center and connect it to the outlet circuit with a junction box (after the transfer switch, of course).

Oliver's schematic can be confusing (at least it was to me), since they have the inverter only powering the outlets and microwave, and not the fridge, water heater, or AC. My trailer's wiring is completely different from spec, since I have a 12v fridge, Truma water heater, and an inverter capable of powering the AC, so I had to scratch my head a bit (and rewrite this post, lol) before figuring out what Oliver was doing. On mine, the inverter output just goes to the power center and branches off from there, so it's much simpler. The inverter has a built in transfer switch, but if it didn't then the switch would go between the power center and the inverter/shore power. It's unlikely, but depending on which inverter you're trying to install, this may be how you'd want to wire it.

Actually I was unclear.   I have the Inverter from the factory...all I was saying is it doesn't show up on the schematics, I suppose both the inverter option, and the extra "external generator" connector are both missing in the diagrams.

Thanks for explaining where the in's and out's from the inverters go...that's what I was looking for.

By the way...I'm supposed to be getting a new "transfer switch" for the Generator/Shore Power as the mounting tabs were broken from the factory.   I'll be taking pictures of the repair and putting them on the forum for future references.

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg