Keep Dinette Cushions In Place

Are you tired of the dinette cushions falling on the floor during travel or have them slip out from under you. Here is a simply solution I have been testing. Simply add two strips of no skid to the top of the storage compartment covers. Our cushions have stayed in place, even down the roughest roads. Since the cushions are not sliding around this appears to have no adverse affect on the cushion material.

• Moderators

These look great.

As a non-permanent solution, we've used shelf liner pieces cut from rolls from IKEA and Lowe's to keep the cushions in place. I'm careful to not buy products that have any latex whatsoever, as a part latex liner under a rug on my tile kitchen floor left a lot of residue (and removal work) for me. Both the non-latex Ikea and Lowe's products have worked well for me, both in keeping the cushions in place and no residue in humid, hot Florida.... (Check the labels, both stores carry products with and without latex. Typical grocery store woven shelf liner has some latex ...)

I suspect latex would leave marks even tougher to remove on gelcoat than ceramic tile, given our heat and humdity. On the kitchen ceramic tile, I can use a rough scrubbie and magic eraser. I have to be far gentler on the gelcoat, to avoid scratches.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.