SPACE

• Moderators

We have watched it in Sci-Fi movies, viewed television doccumentarys about it, and, passed it on the highway out in the dessert near Socorro New Mexico quite often. But, folks, let me tell you, it is worth the time to drive up for a visit. It is open to the public most week days. The impressive Very Large Array is visible from space and can be seen here on Earth for as far as the naked eye can see. I wonder if all of these powerful radio telescope antennas were focused on a black hole deep in outer space, in another galaxy, could we hear that giant sucking sound that Ross Perot used to talk about ? Here is a video of the site:<

th_100_0309.jpg

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderator+

You guys are having way too much fun. But it looks hot there. I'd be longing for cooler temps in the high mountains. Deserts are for lizards and crawly things. The VLA does look pretty interesting though, I'd have made that side trip too. Take care....

Steve and Tali

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg