Checking Blum Undermount Drawer Slides

I recently found that a galley drawer would not close properly, and discovered that all 3 of the #6 5/8" screws holding the slide mount to the cabinet walls had fallen out.  I pulled all of the drawers and found that about half of the screws on other drawer slide mounts were either loose or missing.  

image.thumb.jpeg.f7f26ab190dc391c7f4b498633a7d033.jpeg

The Blum undermount tandem slides are arguably the best in the business, and in my opinion Oliver's drawer and cabinet construction is superb.  While 3 screws per slide might suffice in the standard stationary kitchen cabinet, it was clearly not enough for this rolling galley.  I installed several screws per slide in fresh holes (giving about 8 per slide).  Hopefully this does the job -- time will tell.  If my current mounting proves insufficient, I'll go with even more #8 screws.

Point of the story: it may be worth checking these in your trailer and adding screws if necessary.

p.s., this apparently isn't a new problem:

• Thanks 1
  • Like 7

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

• The title was changed to Checking Blum Undermount Drawer Slides
  • 1 year later...
travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

What screw length did you purchase?

Thinking of pre-purchasing them and adding even if not needed right now.

GJ

• Like 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I used six #6 5/16 screws on each slide. I also made new holes (i.e., I did not reuse previous holes from which the screws had released). #8 5/16 screws would probably also work. I agree with your strategy of installing additional screws, even if not needed,. This will prevent an on-the-road fix later on.

• Like 2

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

Same problem on hull 770.  Several slides came adrift within a few months of purchase.  The #6 screws are inadequate and too few.  The slide will handle #8's and there are plenty of spots along the track for additional screws in addition to the few Oliver put in.  An hour or so  of labor and many more fasteners will solve the issue.  A small dab of woodworking adhesive will improve retention of the screw.  I would not bed them in epoxy but a small drop of Titebond smeared on the threads will improve the bond.

• Like 5