Trouble Winterizing the City Water Port step.

Yvette D

We winterized yesterday but we ran into trouble with the city water port. The hand pump could not pump antifreeze into the port. It was as if it were pumping into a closed valve. The pump worked fine on everything else but that port would not accept any antifreeze. It seemed to work fine last year.

Rich & Yvette

LE2 Hull 721

TV 2002 Chevy Silverado

Yvette & Rich

LE2 Hull 721

TV 2022 Chevy Silverado 

1 hour ago, Yvette D said:

It was as if it were pumping into a closed valve.

It was.  I encountered the same issue when winterizing our new Elite II a couple of weeks ago.  I learned I had skipped a step.  Try opening the cold external faucet valve, with the external faucet head button depressed and locked into the "on" position.  Then pump.  Once you see antifreeze coming out of the external faucet, stop pumping.  There is no need to repeat with the hot water valve open. 

See the below video at 3:41.

• Thanks 2

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

57 minutes ago, Rivernerd said:

It was.  I encountered the same issue when winterizing our new Elite II a couple of weeks ago.  I learned I had skipped a step.  Try opening the cold external faucet valve, with the external faucet head button depressed and locked into the "on" position.  Then pump.  Once you see antifreeze coming out of the external faucet, stop pumping.  There is no need to repeat with the hot water valve open. 

See the below video at 3:41.

We followed this video and last year everything went just fine. But maybe we did something out of sequence. We locked the shower lever open and opened the cold faucet. But when he tried to pump the antifreeze it just resisted. 

Yvette & Rich

LE2 Hull 721

TV 2022 Chevy Silverado