Question about the backup camera monitor

My 2023 LE2 will be ready within a month, and I am trying to get my tow vehicle setup.  In particular I am curious about the size of the Furrion backup camera monitor.  I see in the manual provided by Oliver that there are several models, but didn't know which one Oliver provides with the 2023 model.  I have a mounting plate on my dash and I use Ram Mounts for attaching cell phone, cameras, etc.  I'm looking to purchase a mount for the backup monitor but need to know the dimensions of the monitor itself.

Can anybody fill me in?

2023 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull #1405, "Rocinante"  TV: 2022 F-150 5.0 V8 4x4

States Visited MapMap of Provinces I Visited

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, shhQuiet said:

Can anybody fill me in?

Yes - 

Your Oliver Sales Rep.  Give him/her a call because Oliver can (and does) change specific items/options from time to time.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I have a 2022 LEI. Monitor is 4 inch screen measuring diagonal.. out side measure is 3 1/16 X 4 3/4..  if this helps..That last month will go by guick..

• Like 2

2022 Elite I  # 1179  |  2024 Tundra SR5 4x4 Crewmax. 5.5 ft. Bed. 3.31gears 10 spd.trans

it's the smallest one from Furrion, if its like the one I just got on mine 3/14/23. Very limited mounting options. It has a ball socket in the rear of the monitor, butits an odd size, and I cannot get anything to fit except the included windshield suction mount. Instead, I glued a neodymium magnet to a small board that clipsinto a cellphone holder I already had. The magnet sticks (barely) to the back of the Furrion display (not much metal there). Also, please note, the power supply for the Furrion monitor is 12 VDC cigarette lighter style, which takes up precious dash accessory slots.

I really wish we had the option of specing a larger monitor, both the 5 inch and the seven inch monitors from Furrion have more standard mounting options.

• Like 3

LeBill

Elite I  Hull 1352  

2021 Jeep Gladiator

Northwestern NC (retired)

2 hours ago, LeBill said:

it's the smallest one from Furrion, if its like the one I just got on mine 3/14/23. Very limited mounting options. It has a ball socket in the rear of the monitor, butits an odd size, and I cannot get anything to fit except the included windshield suction mount. Instead, I glued a neodymium magnet to a small board that clipsinto a cellphone holder I already had. The magnet sticks (barely) to the back of the Furrion display (not much metal there). Also, please note, the power supply for the Furrion monitor is 12 VDC cigarette lighter style, which takes up precious dash accessory slots.

I really wish we had the option of specing a larger monitor, both the 5 inch and the seven inch monitors from Furrion have more standard mounting options.

Thanks, I will check with Oliver sales to be sure, but I imagine it will be the same size as yours.  I have a BuiltRight Dash mount and it sounds like I'll have to cobble something together to mount it there.  I don't like double-sided tape or suction cup mounts, personally- I'd rather use something from Ram Mounts- the closest thing might be a small tablet holder that grips around the sides.

I wonder if the larger Furrion monitors are compatible with the camera... 🤔

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, shhQuiet said:

I have a BuiltRight Dash mount and it sounds like I'll have to cobble something together to mount it there.  I don't like double-sided tape or suction cup mounts, personally- I'd rather use something from Ram Mounts- the closest thing might be a small tablet holder that grips around the sides.

I too have the Builtright but I didn't like the camera monitor mounted there.  Instead I use a phone mount along with one of the cup holders ( like THIS) and find that I can see it well without the dash clutter.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

21 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

I too have the Builtright but I didn't like the camera monitor mounted there.  Instead I use a phone mount along with one of the cup holders ( like THIS) and find that I can see it well without the dash clutter.

Bill

That looks like a good option!

17 hours ago, LeBill said:

When our Elite II was ordered, we, too, wanted a larger monitor.  Anita Johnston advised that a larger monitor was not an option.  So, we decided to go with the factory-installed backup camera, but reserve the option of upgrading to a larger monitor later.

Now that we have "lived with" the 4" monitor that comes with the backup camera system Oliver installs since last November, we are happy with it.  It provides a clear view of the area immediately behind the trailer.   Yet it occupies less dash space, and causes less visual obstruction of the area in front of the tow vehicle, than a larger monitor.  We feel no need to upgrade to a larger monitor.

• Like 4

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg