Disconnecting Power to install CO/Propane Detector

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Mine was powered by a positive and negative wire from the Ollie and connected to the positive and negative wire leads from the CO/Propane detector with crimped butt connectors.  The wires and butt connectors are probably covered by wire loom and should be visible under the aft dinette seat, near the detector mounting location.  After disconnecting the batteries via a cutoff switch or manually removing the negative cable, while working on 1 wire at a time, cut the wire on the Ollie side, the strip the wire insulation and crimp on a new butt connector.  Then repeat for the second wire.  Now you can remove the bad CO/Propane detector and install the new one.  Then crimp the new detector wires to the Ollie wires.

I’m not sure, but I think the positive wire has a fuse under the street side bed, near the stabilizer jack fuses.  And don’t forget your solar system is also supplying power and if you can, cover the panels with a moving blanket.

If you have any further questions, let us know,

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, mossemi said:

I’m not sure, but I think the positive wire has a fuse

Mine did/does but the fuse was only about 6-12 inches from the rear of the detector.

If you are home - I would suggest installing a switch like both JD and I did so that when that detector goes off in the middle of the night you can turn it off quickly - after, of course, you have determined that it was a "false alarm".

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC