Chevy 1500 5.3 thru mountains

MSURRATT

9 hours ago, New2Oliver said:

I bit the bullet as well.  Bought a 2007 GMC Duramax LBZ with the Allison 6 speed...

Nice truck and I'm so jealous of the Allison, (not so much the Duramax) but that is a great truck! Pics?

Also, not as jealous of the 2024, as we would prefer to make that kind of investment in our home and property (new flooring, countertops...), vs. just a TV! Very hard to afford a new 2500 diesel truck today, though nice older ones can be found as is witnessed here. 

Some here may likely know, I'm certainly not the minimalist! Why don't we all backpack-camp next time out? Ha Ha 🤣 We'll keep our Oliver at 6K LBs or close to it and that leaves those us with 2500 diesels room enough for another 3/4-ton of gear in the bed. Yeah!

Ram Rear Storage.jpg

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
1 hour ago, New2Oliver said:

The LBZ is the way to go in the Duramax series.  Last engine with no def.  The government will never allow that engine to be built again.

Yep, no DEF here either. Still no pics!

Don't get me truck shopping again. Yours is a special truck:
2006-2007 GM 6.6L LBZ Duramax Buyer's Guide (xtremediesel.com)

Though I doubt Mark with the 2024 would trade!

These GMC are amazing trucks! My personal problem is having owned 5 Dodge trucks, and for near 20 years restoring a '59 Chrysler 300E. With my history, gotta go Mopar. Hoping it's OK to go on a slight tangent, given the OP has answer and a recent AAA truck purchase!

Always looking at everything automotive, I pick this one for those of you new to OTT, perhaps having a new Oliver coming soon...
This is a great truck for 40% the price of a new model: Used 2007 GMC Sierra 2500 SLE w/ Convenience Package for sale in American Fork, UT 84003: Truck Details - 695093986 - Autotrader

Need a TV? Buy this one! Don't settle for any 1/2-ton or worst yet the SUV. This GMC with only 72K miles, Turbo Diesel w/ 6-sp Allison, 4WD SB Club-Cab, and in white to match your brand new white Ollie! Can't get much better than this!

3 hours ago, jd1923 said:

These GMC are amazing trucks! My personal problem is having owned 5 Dodge trucks, and for near 20 years restoring a '59 Chrysler 300E. With my history, gotta go Mopar. Hoping it's OK to go on a slight tangent, given the OP has answer and a recent AAA truck purchase!

Always looking at everything automotive, I pick this one for those of you new to OTT, perhaps having a new Oliver coming soon...
This is a great truck for 40% the price of a new model: Used 2007 GMC Sierra 2500 SLE w/ Convenience Package for sale in American Fork, UT 84003: Truck Details - 695093986 - Autotrader

Need a TV? Buy this one! Don't settle for any 1/2-ton or worst yet the SUV. This GMC with only 72K miles, Turbo Diesel w/ 6-sp Allison, 4WD SB Club-Cab, and in white to match your brand new white Ollie! Can't get much better than this!

That is not an LBZ.  Nice truck.  But not an LBZ.  If it were, it would be closer to $45K.

Ken and Sherrill, Middle TN

Elite 2, #1085

2007 GMC, 4x4, LBZ/Allison

8 hours ago, New2Oliver said:

That is not an LBZ.  Nice truck.  But not an LBZ.  If it were, it would be closer to $45K.

So GMC made two diesel engines in the same model year. That's great though highly uncommon. The article states the LBZ boosts torque from 605 to 650 (605 is more than enough)! Seeing $45K, even $35K makes me very happy with finding my low mileage Cummins diesel under $20K. Not near as much torque as these newer GMC trucks, but more than any gasser, and enough to nicely pull an Oliver EII and a truck bed full of outdoor camping gear. 

• Like 2