We're Going Somewhere...

ScubaRx

• Moderator+

We plan to pack up the Outlaw Oliver II in a few days and head out to ... somewhere. Not being cryptic, just don't know yet where we'll go. I'm "thinking" about maybe over into Arkansas. We need to stay within one day's drive from home to be able to maximize our time. The tree's should be turning some and there are plenty of little eclectic towns scattered about to explore. We might wander up to the Buffalo NR.

Or we may go toward Gatlinburg and parts around there. Not having a lot of time limits my creative planning of a trip. Anybody else going to be out and about?

Today is the first day of my last year to work. I plan to retire next year at 65. Then we’ll have time to do some decent extended trips. I plan to make the first one to Alaska, maybe take 6-8 months. If anybody has any thoughts about that, feel free to share them with me. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I would love to do a trip to Alaska, but that's down the road, maybe the summer after next. We still have some old pets, old horse, old cow, and old cat to "pass on" before we can take some extended trips.

We are heading out to pickup the trailer next week and plan to stop over at Round Spring NP at Emminence, MO on the way home. Anyone ever been there?

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63