Water System upgrade for better water flow & pressure

jd1923

Very nice write-up!    

I really like your recommendation for the Remco USA made pump.  Thanks for sharing that.

For winterization, OTT recommends getting 2 gallons of RV antifreeze.  I always get three and have some left over.  With the additional fixtures involved, I suggest owners using your approach to get that extra gallon. for some locations may not necessary, but if your Ollie is subject to HARD freezes, it is far better to not skimp on a $4 gallon of antifreeze.    

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Not sure how accurate sound noise (dB) measurement apps are? I just downloaded one. However, when using any tool, carefully in the same manner, it should show a reasonable relative comparison.

The new water pump was at 50 dB (pretty quiet!).  I closed the basement door to the water pump, placed a 4" dinette seat to cover the opening and placed the phone on the seat cushion, showed 50 dB. I went into the bathroom, ran the water holding the phone down below the sink to measure the noise within vs. the water pouring, it was 73 dB.

Lastly, I started our older Dodge Ram Cummins, on a colder day and ran the app while idling. The 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins are noisy, not like the older Ford PowerStroke, but certainly noisy! It came in at 64 dB.

Conclusion, the plumbing under the bathroom sink in our older Oliver is louder than an old Dodge Cummins diesel on a cold start! That's really bad.

Diesel Db.png

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• The title was changed to Water System upgrade for better water flow & pressure

My final water upgrade, a cute minor addition! I never was much for RV outdoor showers but given the Oliver wet bath they seem more viable, when at times not wanting to get everything inside wet. Problem is you got to hold the shower head, making it difficult to take a quick shower. So, I wanted a holder for the shower head and found these:
JONKEAN White Handheld Shower Head Holder with 2 Hanger Hooks, Strong Adhesive Shower Head Holder, Adjustable Shower Wand Holder Wall Mount, Bathroom Waterproof Shower Handle Holder No Drill Need - Amazon.com

Comes as a 2-pack. Being 6' 2" I mounted one as high as the shower cord could extend. The second one will be down below for our dog wash! You only have to leave the clear mounting plate on the Oliver and the holder itself fits behind the outdoor shower door with the shower head. With the new water pump, the stream is now so much better! 

Outside Shower1.jpg

Outside Shower2.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!