Fort Collins Colorado Summer

I'm looking for recommendations on a water/elec site in the Fort Collins area.  Expected arrival late July but I will adjust as necessary.  Any ideas from you experienced Coloradians?  I have a grand that needs to be seen.

Tim and Christie

2023 GMC 2500 6.6 Diesel

2022 LEII #1283

US States Map.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Tim - 

I'm sorry that I don't know of any camping places right near Ft. Collins.  

But, if you fly fish - try not to miss some fishing on the Cache la Poudre River.  Fishing can be "spotty" and it can get crowded on the weekends but a couple of the "feeder" creeks should not be missed.

Have fun with the "grand"!

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

I googled "campgrounds near Fort Collins" and a few campgrounds were listed in the area, including a KOA.

• Like 2

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

On 1/21/2024 at 7:22 PM, Tim Willingham said:

I'm looking for recommendations on a water/elec site in the Fort Collins area.

We stayed in Fort Collins in our camper last summer for a Toyota Land Cruiser event.  

There are boon docking campsites and a few electric sites up and down the Cache la Poudre River.  There are YouTube drive-thru videos on-line of every campground along the river to help you pick a site.

There are lots of sites up at the Horsetooth reservoir that might fit your needs.  We couldn't get one, they were all booked months in advance.  A very popular spot.  Maybe if you keep looking you'll find a cancelation.

In the end we ended up at the Fort Collins KOA.  Not my ideal solution, but it was clean and well run.  We just needed a spot to park and sleep, so we didn't avail ourselves of any of the park amenities.  It was just an expensive spot for us to sleep for a couple of nights.

• Like 4

2013 Toyota Land Cruiser 200

2018 Twin Bed Elite II #351

• 1 month later...

Yep, Horsetooth was booked up.  Turns out the our son & family are moving back to Florida anyway.  We will be in Colorado in August and it is obvious that we will only see a very small portion in a month.  Just an excuse to come back later.  Thanks guys!

Tim and Christie

2023 GMC 2500 6.6 Diesel

2022 LEII #1283

US States Map.jpg