A cautionary tale

My wife & I are the proud original owners of hull #219, recently we experienced a suburban furnace failure., I removed the furnace & replaced the sail and limit switches & took the furnace to a local rv dealer “Colman country campers” in Hartford Il, to bench test the furnace. They had it 2 weeks! I never authorized repairs but they put in a “new” sail switch. I was charged 2 hours labor @ $120 an hour plus the switch, when I got the furnace back I disassembled it & discovered that not only did they put in the wrong switch but it was apparently used. There’s obviously more to the story, but this post is getting long, I just want people to be wary of shady rv dealers & I look forward to having a Oliver authorized repair facility near me.

Steve

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1

STEVEnBETTY

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Yikes - so sorry to hear this.  Good RV Techs must be masters of so many trades and must be highly skilled. Many shops hire anyone off the street, don't pay well and just give them an "RV Tech" labeled shirt and the not-so-much fun begins.   Finding a good local tech is a precious thing!!

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7