Water Out Fresh Tank - connected to City Inlet

I sanitized yesterday. Fresh tank very near empty during today's travel. Had Fresh Tank drain valve closed overnight & on todays 5hr drive . Connected to city water during setup. Water flowed as expected in camper. Opened Fresh Tank valve to ensure tank totally empty. About 30 min after setup, sitting for a beer & heard water. It was coming out Fresh tank drain (not overflow). Closed Fresh drain valve & flow stopped. Turned off city supply. Monitor shows Fresh Tank at 19 - not sure what it was before this & monitor hasn't been very reliable in the past.

Will city flow to Fresh tank if City Input check valve fails?

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

Re-check that your valves under the curb side bed are in the proper position. There is a valve that if in the wrong position will allow city water to flow into your fresh tank.  

• Like 1

Tom & Doreen • 2023 Elite ll • Hull #1321 • 2023 Tundra Platinum Crew Max • Cheshire CT 

States1.jpg

• Moderators

There’s a check valve with the water pump that fails occasionally.  Every now and then I get water coming out of the fresh tank overflow when connected to city water.   What works for me (until I fix it) is to turn on the water pump and let it run a bit and then it usually stops.  It’s not been a repair priority because it doesn’t  happen very often.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Thanks both for the quick reply. The valves are all in the "normal" positions. I'll ran the water pump, turned the city water back on & opened the fresh tank drain. Water drained for a short while & stopped. Water flow in the camper is normal (from city water). Monitor shows 13% in fresh, but nothing more coming out. 

Thanks again. Seems like something quirky.

• Like 1

This happens to me every once in a while as well.  Check the outdoor shower to make sure both the hot and cold water are turned off.  Sometimes, especially after de-winterizing, I have found I left one of the outdoor shower valves open. Make sure they're both off and release any water pressure in the faucet, and sometimes that will fix the problem.  

• Like 3

Franklin, TN
2018 Elite II #315
Tow Vehicle: 2020 Ram 1500

ALARCOCTGAILIAKSKYMEMAMIMNMSMONHNYNCNDOH