Power Stations - Worthwhile?

I’m thinking of purchasing a small power station (Jackery/Goal Zero…) to power my Engel refrigerator and as a backup for power outages here at the Fort. The Engel could be used under the canopy in the back of either truck, or in the ATC Cougar.

Thoughts?

Also posted on Wander the West…

• Like 2

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
8 hours ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

I’m thinking of purchasing a small power station (Jackery/Goal Zero…) to power my Engel refrigerator and as a backup for power outages here at the Fort. The Engel could be used under the canopy in the back of either truck, or in the ATC Cougar.

Thoughts?

Also posted on Wander the West…

We have the Goal Zero 400 Lithium Power Pack. It is my home back-up to run my CPAP if there is an outage. I take it on every camping trip. I will use it to power our top loading fridge if we don't have shore power at night, and then recharge while driving.

Edited by John Dorrer
Typo
  • Like 2

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

We have a Jackery explorer 1000 and plan to use it with our Truma portable refrigerator along with running some items during any power outages we might have at home.  I have yet to use it camping but it has been handy around the farm.

• Like 1

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg

I have both a goal zero 500 Li and a Ecoflow River Pro. Both work well but I use the Ecoflow more than the Goal Zero as it charges faster and is easier to charge with my flexible solar panel which uses mc4 connectors vs. Goal Zero which requires an adapter. I wouldnt camp without one as it allows you to take power easily with you for running small appliances, light strings, compressor fridge and 12v/110v things into the wild and when not near the truck or trailer. 

Edited by Mountainman198
  • Like 3

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW