Hello from NW CT

dharmardr

We are Grayson and Ann Cook. We live in Northwest CT and have a Cottage in Mid Coast ME.

WE have been tent camping for years and travel by Motorcycle. Tent camping is becoming anxiety producing in some areas with the abundance of bears. We knew at some point we would move up to a hard side, and I think that time has come (I retired about a year ago).

We have been looking for years and always seemed to end up at the Airstream display when going to shows. We are very happy to see Oliver back in production. We were in Maine last week at our Cottage and Anita, at the factory, hooked us up with an Oliver owner up there. They treated us to a Tour. What a beautiful Trailer!! We are now sold!

We are going out west this August on the Motorcycle and plan to camp in Yellowstone, Spearfish area, and then maybe travel through the SW. I think now we are going to alter our trip, and head for TN first for the Factory tour and get our spot inline for a new Elite II and then continue out to Montana from there.

Still have no vehicle to pull with, not at all sure on accessories, but I'm sure we will have plenty of time to sort those things out. Maybe an order in August will gets a January delivery and we can pick it up and head for our site in Flamingo Campground in the Everglades.

Our camping takes us to National Forests, some National National and State Parks. Mostly Nat Forests and site without elec. Any suggestions about Options would be appreciated. We are thinking Solar, AGM Batts at least.

Thanks in advance

We can't wait to be at our first campsite with another Ollie.

Grayson and Ann

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

Welcome to the forum. We had a similar road to Oliver, but our departure from tent camping was more related to getting old than to bears. Just too hard to get going after a night on the ground.

The option list is short because so much is standard. We have the 320 WATT solar package with inverter and 4 Trojan batteries.

I might reconsider those Trojans now that some new technology is available due to their weight and maintenance requirement. The Wilson 4G cell booster is a very effective option if you work from the camp ground. We don't have cable TV so the King dome was not important, but we did buy the Wineguard antenna.

We went back to the mother ship for some mods and had additional coat hooks, a towel bar on the pantry door added. The folks at Oliver are eager to please and will do just about anything reason to keep customers happy.

Ask a lot of questions here and on other forums before you sign the final build list.

As far as a tow vehicle I would opt for a V8 engine whatever brand you get. Five thousand plus pounds is a stretch for smaller engines in the mountains.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

For a tow vehicle we got a 2014 Dodge Durango with a V8 hemi. We thought we needed something bigger then the mid size SUV's and the all the other full size SUV's were a lot more money. And we didn't want a pickup. It is really a nice vehicle, and tows like a champ. We have about 6,000 miles towing on a trip to The Grand Canyon in April and a trip to Glacier National Park just last week. Our mileage was about 12.5 to 13.5 which I think is pretty good. Much better then our old 97 F150 that could not even get 10 MPH when we pickup up the trailer from the factory.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

Welcome Grayson and Ann.

We picked up our Oliver less than a month ago and couldn't be happier. Once we visited the factory there was no turning back. As mentioned previously, there is so much that's standard there aren't too many option decisions to be made.

We're headed out west in August, too. If you happen to see us, be sure to stop by - we love to talk Oliver.

Ed and Marsha

Legacy Elite II, Hull #85

Ford F150 Lariat

If you are coming through Kansas City, you can put our place on you list of stops. We are just west of KC and a few miles off I70. Be more then happy to have you stop by.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

Thank you for your welcoming posts and invitations.

We have purchased a truck. We got a Toyota Tundra with an 8' bed so we can bring our Motorcycle with us. It gas a towing package but does not have the brake controller I have seen mentioned. I purchased one one line and will install when I receive it.

We also got our place in line and have a delivery date of Dec 16. We had planned to pick our new trailer up in Jan and continue down to the Everglades, but the found out that the registration that we will have is only for 30 days. So we decided to take the Dec date and travel to TN and back to CT, get it registered, pack it and then head down to FL.

So it looks like we will be on the road and Camping in our new Oliver in Jan of 2016.

Grayson

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

• Moderators

Great delivery and tour plan ! Congratulations, enjoy. The trip back to register will pay big dividends as you will have the whole winter and all of the gulf coast ahead of you.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)