Convection oven

trumpetguy

We are thinking of replacing the factory microwave with a convection/microwave combination. Has anyone done this and are there any issues we should know about?

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• Moderators

That was an option back in the day (2008.) We have one. I used it two or three times as a microwave. Mostly used as a storage cupboard. (It died about a year or so ago, probably from lack of use. Now, it is truly a cupboard. I'm thinking of removing it, and asking Oliver to retrofit the space as a true storage locker.)

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Sherry. we use the microwave a lot so it's a matter of lifestyle. We freeze some casseroles in advance of trips so a convection oven would be a nice feature to finish those. That plus the occasional batch of cookies.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• Moderators

I can see that, Dave. I only brought ours up because I didn't want a microwave in the first place, and my husband followed someone else's ideas. It was a complete waste for us, as we rarely camp with electricity, and our generator would never power a microwave.

Everyone's habits are different.Many folks work the kitchen as you do, with premade meals for first or second nights. It's not a bad idea. I wasn't being critical, at all. Other friends use their microwaves a lot. Just not my habit, and I'm looking forward to a big cabinet in the kitchen when we delete the unused microwave convection oven that no longer works.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Because we don't use a MW at home likewise we also opted out of the MW in our Oliver. Besides like Sherry its rare we camp where there is electricity. We use the storage for coffee and tea items and few other things and get way better use from the space for us. But to that we did contemplate installing a toaster over in this area with slide out drawer, never got around to it and don't miss it. And again we aren't usually around electricity anyway.

Legacy Elite II #70