Hit by spammers

John E Davies

This sub-forum just received 48 spam posts in Chinese (?) from member jnrtan8196. I notified a moderator, but I have to ask how the forum filters allow a brand new member to post so much junk in a non-English language. Maybe some changes to settings are in order.

I think a "Flag as Spam" button should be available for every post so we can take quick action.

John Davies

Spokane

WA USA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

John, I think that would be a good idea.

In the meantime, I've disabled the spammer, and deleted all his/her posts.

The controls are pretty good, but every once in awhile someone gets through. I try to check the board twice a day (when I'm in wifi range), as do several of the mods.

I don't always log in, just check current posts, etc., so I wouldn't see a pm, though I guess you pm'd someone else, as I don't have a message.

I'm sending you a private message now with my email. That comes up on my phone, and I'll get it right away unless I'm camping in areas with no service (which is, happily, several months of the year.)

Back in the day, we had an enormous problem with spammers, and set the controls to approve members one by one. It was painstaking work that none of us enjoyed.

Hopefully, this is an isolated incident, and we won't need to revert to the system of the old days. I will also send the board admin a message reviewing this issue.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.