ST. GEORGE ISLAND FESTIVAL

mountainborn

• Moderators

I recieved this from earthdancer by PM and thought there might be those that would be intrested in this festival. Here is the paste of the PM:

>

Message Inbox

Hope it helps! The Spat festival is so-so....... but this one is good and the first weekend of Nov Apalachicola has a great seafood festival !

Here is the Apalachicola C of C website, I think most of our festivals are listed. Just living here is a festival! hahaha!

http://www.apalachicolabay.org/

and a listing of events:

Thanks for your interest. It is so beautiful here and is a slice of real small town America! We only have one traffic light in the whole county, no McDonald's or Walmarts in the county and the most beautiful beaches you can imagine! Several good campgrounds too!

In fact, Emily (Namad Woman) from Casita Club, arrived yesterday from Kansas to find sunshine and 70+ degree weather!

Geri

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

8-) And I'll be in that area in about 2 weeks just before I pickup my Oliver....which has been dubbed "Ollie" !

Having been there a total of 6 times, I can attest to it's beauty and tranquility. Two fantastic FL state beach/campgrounds ON the water,Gulf or bay, and several excellent and relatively inexpensive private campgrounds that are on or very close to the water and some GREAT seafood and fishing! I am looking to settle for the better part of the next few years here with my Oliver! I'll probably be the 1st fulltimer Oliver owner and this is my favorite area! Hope to see Olivers owners comin' thru to visit!!!

Chuck 8-)

• Moderators

Chuck, We're planning to travel through there on our way home from Tennesee when we pick up our Oliver. We visitied the area in the early 90's several times, and loved the charming little downtown area and the laid back atmosphere of the county. If it's still the same, I can easily see why it's your favorite area!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

:D Probably hasn't changed much from the 90s'. The Historical District homes are some of the most concentrated and beautiful I've seen and the food is out of this world. Friendly folk, fantastic beaches and lotsa' things to do and see. When is your pickup date. Mine is probably 1st week of March. Keep in touch and we'll meet up for the 1st Oliver mini rally!

Regards, Chuck

• Moderators

Chuck,

Looks like we'll be picking ours up near the end of February. We'll keep you posted!

Sherry n Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Sherry, you are welcome to stop by here anytime! I live in a campground right on the St. George Bay. I am 12 miles from Apalachicola, where I have my own business, a frame shop and mini gallery and I am about 8 miles from St. George Island State Park. The campground here is nothing fancy....... there are others around here prettier, but it's reasonably priced. If you are interested in a grand tour, I'll be glad to offer it!

Let me know and I'll give you my cell number to call when you get in the area. Keep me posted on your Oliver progress! I am excited for you ! Geri :P

• Moderators

Thanks for your kind offer of being local guide, Geri. I'll send you a message when we get closer to the date! St. Georges is beautiful!!!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4