Grey Water Surge

bradbev

There is a slide vave located under the front dinette seat, with the handle in the rear wall of the bathroom. Easy access, at both ends.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I agree with John - there is no "real" problem with either the slide valve or the operating handle in the bath.  On the 2017 models there is an option for an electric switch to operate the slide valve versus the standard mechanical one.  The reason I placed the word real in quotes is because I have forgotten to open that valve when camped.  Thus, I have had a wet floor (and wet feet) in the bath due to my own inability to remember to open the gate to allow the water from the sink or shower to flow into the grey tank.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Real campers will remember the older Casitas with the slide valve operator mounted OUTSIDE!  The pan's filling up and you ask your companion to step outside and pull the handle.  Or you make a quick dash outside in your birthday suit. :)  (Towel optional)

I kinda like the slide valve solution.  My latest Casita had the Hepvo valve and it sometime leaked some when the grey water surged and there was usually some debris to clean out of the shower.

Brad