Auto Drain for Shower

Rumline

What is the "Auto drain for shower" option?  I've been to the manufacturer's website (https://www.barkermfg.com/auto-drains.html) and I found previous posts from a year and a half ago on this forum talking about the Auto Drain, but both the manufacturer page and the forum discussion seem to be about the black/grey tank drain valves, not the shower.

Can someone please tell me what this option does and what are the pros and cons?

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

I think that it is really just an electric actuated gate valve that in manual version is the “T” handle that resides in front of the toilet. That valve closes the sink/shower drain so that grey water does not slosh into the shower pan or beyond while traveling. The switch (at least on the 2018 show model) is located inside the closet.

• Thanks 1

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax

Mountainoliver is correct. Its an electric switch that closes the grey water from backing up in the shower basin. Its in the closet as he states, but make sure you put that item on your to do list when leaving or ariving in a camp site. When its opened the switch has a blinking red light and when its closed there is no light on. I have forgotten to do this twice and was lucky to have caught it before the grey water overflowed into the main camper floor. Now its on my check list!

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the replies.  It sounds like all this does is enable you to close the valve without bending over. Am I missing something?

Corcomi, are you happy with it?  Do you find it adds value?

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg