Our First Boondocking “Shakedown” Trip

Alison

Ross and I took the Oliver out for the first time since our trip home from Hohenwald. On that trip, I made reservations the whole way, and we had electrical and water hookups in each CG, so this weekend we took it out boondocking to try out all those features on the trailer. The trip was a great success- we had a great time and the Oliver was perfect!

We camped out in the San Isabel National Forest, between Buena Vista and Poncha Springs. We were walking distance to a trailhead that lead to a great waterfall (relatively speaking, we’re in the great but dry State of Colorado!), and we did some mountain biking. We had nice views of the Collegiate Peaks from our camp. This is a great area for dispersed camping if you are looking for an area near Salida/Poncha Springs/Buena Vista.

I was so impressed with the Oliver. We don’t use anything fancy that sucks a lot of energy, but we did listen to music through the speakers, watched two movies, ran the Maxx fan, used the lights freely, etc. Yet, each night at bedtime, our batteries were at full capacity. The solar panels basically kept the batteries near or at full charge the entire time. I was also amazed at how cool it stayed in the Oliver, despite sitting in direct sunlight. In short, it was a great trip in our new trailer and we couldn’t be happier.

I’ll post a few pics and hopefully they don’t come out upside down.

Alison

DA6331FD-1F55-4511-A407-0F4DB8FE75CF.thumb.jpeg.e8087cbc7170145549f884d6dec917f1.jpeg

60657339-35E2-4189-8346-366AAFE67916.thumb.jpeg.74e9e2009ebba6037a89cc305bafb5cf.jpeg

• Thanks 6

Alison, Ross & Annika

Hull No. 310

Mike and Carol,

Hope you enjoyed your time here! It’s not particularly cool here either today. I live at 8500 feet, and we’re supposed to get to the high 80s today! Denver will see high 90s. May have to go out to the trailer, as it’s the only “room” with air conditioning! :)

Safe Travels.

Alison

Alison, Ross & Annika

Hull No. 310